Sunday, July 9, 2017

Confessions of the English Teacher

I'm going to be honest with you.

I am out of my element. (Well, not quite yet, we haven't actually left yet.) But soon enough, I will be out of my element.

But I have plenty of reading material. And new hiking boots. And sunscreen. And I brought my sense of adventure. So hopefully my elements will shift by the end of this two week journey.

This wasn't exactly how I imagined spending my July (granted, I mostly figured it would include reading, relaxing, and swimming, so I'll probably still get a lot of that on a river study trip). On the last day of school, I volunteered to chaperone this adventure, mostly on a whim. I like camping, I like getting to experience new things with my students -- this will be fun. Right? Right.

There are a few things I do know for sure:

1. I am super pumped to read Lord of the Rings while on this trip. One of the most epic adventure fantasy novels will make for the perfect literary accompaniment.

2. My van is definitely going to be the coolest of the 4 vans, even if it's only in my own head.

3. There are going to be so many awesome pictures for the yearbook from this trip (oh yeah, did I mention I'm yearbook adviser as well? I'm a teacher of many talents...).

Displaying IMG_1189.JPG
4. This will be an experience we will never forget.

They tell me my first post is too long. What can I say, words are my thing.

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 14 -- July 22, 2017

Travel Home: Couer D’Alene Reservation, ID to Toppenish, WA Things to remember when preparing for next year’s trip: You will get co...