Saturday, July 22, 2017

Day 13 -- July 21, 2017

Couer D’Alene Reservation, ID and Pullman, WA

Highlights from the last day in the field:
  • I got to finish listening to my audio book on the drive to and from Pullman. It’s the only ‘reading’ I’ve been able to do this trip. Not nearly as much down time as I expected, and what time I did have, I wrote instead. Three books came on the trip and stayed in my book bag the whole time. Ah well, that’s how it goes.
Nice View. The top of the (not really a) mountain that we climbed
in Pullman. Nice, lots of farmland. 

  • We went on a very steep hike. It almost killed me. And then I wanted to kill everyone. Especially since the hike ended on top of a very tall hill that just overlooked farm land. Super anti-climactic, and it was especially bad because we knew exactly what the view would look like before we started.
Not a hiker. The red, sweaty face of someone who climbed a large, steep hill.

  • Monet (a fellow leader from Heritage) fell off a log on the top of the steep hiking hill. It was very funny, though she did hurt herself a little bit, so I feel bad about that.

  • Julyamuch Powwow. Indian tacos. New earrings. Watching the grand entry. Very cool.

  • Breakfast for late dinner. It was after 9:00 when we got back to camp, but the Clinton, Pedro, and I made pancakes, eggs, and sausages, enjoyed by White Swan students and fellow leaders. It was excellent, and we started a new tradition, if I have anything to do with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 14 -- July 22, 2017

Travel Home: Couer D’Alene Reservation, ID to Toppenish, WA Things to remember when preparing for next year’s trip: You will get co...